Custom orders are our favorite thing to make here at the shop. We love having a personal story to work with and innovative materials to use. This way, we are able to use your stories, traditions, and memories in a ring that you can wear and show off. Expanding our craft by using new, creative materials is exciting for us and for the customer! It isn't every day you get to have the chance to make a completely customized ring with materials that are special to you.
Sometimes it is difficult to figure out where exactly to start when making a custom wood ring. We allow customers to provide us with wood, materials for inlays, and stones. We also appreciate when customers send us sketches like the one pictured above! We have a custom ring builder tool on our website which you can find by clicking here.
Here is a list of materials we have used in the past:
- Chili pepper seeds - A couple planted a chili pepper plant when they first started dating, and we used the chili pepper skin and seeds as an inlay in their rings.
- Flower from first date - one customer dried and saved a flower from her first date and used the petals as an inlay in her ring and the stem as an inlay for her significant other.
- Wood from a swing where a couple had their first kiss - we used this wood as a base for the couples' rings.
- Snakeskin - A customer who has a pet snake sent us some of the skin that it shed to use as an inlay in a ring!
- Part of a barrel and vine from a vineyard - A customer who owns a vineyard provided us with the wood for the base and a vine to use as an inlay.
- Vintage rings from a family member capped in wood - Many customers have provided family heirloom rings to be capped with wood.
- Rocks and sand from where couples met
- Wood from the 1700s passed down from a great uncle
- A baseball bat from a grandfather
- Wood from an apple orchard in Wisconsin!
If you are thinking of making a custom ring, think about the things you have that are special to you and contact us to see if we can use them! We love a challenge!